Sunday, April 22, 2007

Malaysia

After Borneo (see blog) I headed back to Kuala Lumpur for some shopping and booked a trip north into the Taman Negara National Park which is allegedly the oldest rainforest in the world (see Wikipedia article). We went on a nighttime jungle safari to try and catch a glimpse of elephants, tigers, and rhinos, but only ended up seeing some panthers, snakes, etc. The park also contains the highest canopy walkway in the world at 150 feet (45 meters) high. After Taman Negara I went to the Perhentian Islands near the Thailand border. The snorkeling and diving here was some of the best I've seen with many stingrays, puffer fish, sharks, sea turtles, and colorful fish up to 6 feet (2 meters) long. A friend of mine took some pics with an underwater camera (see below). After a few days in the islands I went into Thailand so I could work on my visa to Myanmar (Burma) - (see Blog).



Daily Budget 100 RM – ($29 US)
Hostel Room 25 RM – ($7 US)
Internet free wireless in hostels
Dinner 15 RM – ($4 US)
Beer 8 RM – ($2 US)
Haircut 25 RM – ($7 US)
Train from KL to Taman Negara 60 RM – ($17 US)

No comments:

Post a Comment